Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
As a Senior Vice President of FSL Public Finance, Mr. Hottenstein assists clients with the structuring and pricing of debt and derivative products and provides financial and operational consulting services. He previously served as Managing Director and Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Reading, Pennsylvania, where he was responsible for all city affairs and operations. Prior to becoming Managing Director, he served as Finance Director, where he oversaw all financial activity including the accounting/treasury, purchasing, tax and budget divisions.
Since joining FSL, Mr. Hottenstein has advised state and local government clients, including school districts and municipal authorities, in the following areas:
- Structured working capital financings so borrowing could commence on a tax exempt basis, thereby reducing the interest cost to municipalities
- Restructured debt to meet clients’ particular short- and long-term needs
- Implemented complex financing plans
- Analyzed, negotiated and executed different types of financing transactions including general obligation debt, revenue secured debt and the restructuring of existing debt
- Advised clients on various projects with varied funding sources
In addition to financial advisory services, Mr. Hottenstein has provided clients with financial and operational consulting services which include:
- Developed Early Intervention Plans for Pennsylvania Third Class Municipalities
- Identified grant and intergovernmental/shared services opportunities for economic development
- Reviewed collective bargaining agreements and developed recommendations to modify agreements to obtain significant current and future cost reductions
- Reviewed a broad spectrum of municipal taxation and fees and recommended revisions
- Provided advice in connection with municipal code enforcement management
- Identified specific instances of noncompliance and recommended appropriate and required correction procedures, as well as potential cost saving opportunities
- Reviewed financial management systems and reports with the goal of integrating financial management software with operation systems
- Analyzed organizational and administrative structures and made changes to improve efficiencies and communication
- Developed multiyear budgets and forecasting models
- Alvernia University, MBA, Corporate Business
- University of Maryland, B.A.